These weeks have been slower, but I have been seeing progress! First, I was able to curb my losses. In addition to focusing on my composure, I also began spreading my games out across several sessions rather than grouping them together. I was able to maintain my rating around 910, and recently I have begun to climb again! My current rating is now 947.

My progress with the puzzles has also been slow but notable. I have experienced significant highs, so while my rating is almost the same as it was as of my last post, this rating represents a trough in the graph whereas last time it was a crest. I am confident that I will continue to see improvements in this area.

Finally, I was able to make what Chess.com considered to be a “brilliant move”. This means that the move had a better result down the line than what the computer’s proposed “best move” would have offered. While I cannot claim to have felt particularly brilliant when making the move, it was certainly encouraging to see that analysis!